It’s always a joy to be nominated for any award, but I was particularly chuffed to receive a nomination for my blog. Considering I only created ‘bruises you can touch’ about a week ago, I’m especially thrilled and have found my groove for 2012.
Nominated by Cauldrons and Cupcakes – a most comforting blog that celebrates all things I love – treasured recipes, spiritual guidance, meditations, musings on life, kindness, self love and food for your soul. Please visit Cauldrons and Cupcakes – wrap yourself in its blanket of words and wisdom. Massive
fuck yeahs yay!
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 10 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven things about me:
1. I believe that Batman, or some other superhero lives in the Gotham City building in Brisbane. I am absolutely certain about this. Watching his tower from where I live, it comes alive at night while he fights crime in the city. Having said that, I also believe that the moon is a living, breathing being. For one reason or another, I am always searching for the moon.
2. Nothing pleases me more than a bouquet of freshly sharpened Lyra pencils.
3. I love to dance – anywhere, anytime with anyone. I could blame my mother for accidentally taking me to see ‘Flashdance’ when I was six, but I’ve always loved to move. I think movement feeds the soul and even when I was too sick to dance before my transplant, I’d ‘sit dance’. My friends would form a harem-like circle around me and while I grooved in my chair, they’d gather around me, blow me kisses and
give me lappys dance for me when I couldn’t.
4. Despite my health trials and my life being characterised by death, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have wonderful friends who have been and will be with me from womb to tomb, inspiring and hilarious parents who have been next to me on the myriad of journeys I’ve travelled and a sister who, if there is a crisis, will drop everything and be there with me and for me. I love my four nephews to smithereens – Tim-Tam, Mooie, Danno and young Samson.
5. I believe in angels and fairies. Yes, I do.
6. For me, music is life. Without it, I can’t function, but I also thrive in silence. I have a soundtrack playing in my head whether there’s music playing or not – it’s just always there.
7. I could easily work with the dead. Being a mortician would be fascinating, but I want to help the dying. I saw my first dead body when I was eleven. It was a friend I had helped nurse when she was dying of the same dis-ease I have. Death and dying is all very normal to me and not a lot can shock me. I believe it’s just as important to die a good death as it is to live a good life.
Recently discovered blogs:
(in no particular order – just following my passions)
1. Cauldrons and Cupcakes – A food, soul and wisdom blog by Nicole Cody. Words and wisdom from the heart.
2. Zenquill – A beautiful writing and illustration blog by Lynn Priestley. Lynn literally helps heal broken hearts in her work as a cardiac nurse.
3. Cody Phillips – Up and coming blokey blog. Think Aussie Clive Cussler.
4. Christine Bongers – Fiercely funny writer who’s Y.A fiction makes me ache and laugh.
5. Word Search – I aspire to write like Adair Jones. Her blog has a steady flow of book reviews, personal essays, brilliant short stories and essays rich with the history of etymology. Everything Adair turns her hand to is superb.
6. Furious Vaginas – Brisbane’s Krissy Kneen began her erotica blog in 2008 and the next year she published her sexual memoir ‘Affection’. Nothing is off limits here and her writing is breathtaking and often soul shattering in it’s nature. Furious Vaginas has also been banned in China – no mean feat.
7. Trent Jamieson – Another Brisbane writer, this time of speculative fiction, Trent Jamieson’s knack for darkness and hilarity often have me thinking he’s Australia’s answer to China Mieville. Warm and evocative and a true sweetheart of a man.
8. Hexebart’s Well – Official blog of Kim Wilkins/Kimberly Freeman, Kim is the hardest working writer I know. She’s a fine teacher of the craft of writing so if you get the chance to ever learn from her, do it!
9. Girl on Raw – Robyn Law’s raw food blog is inspiring reading, cooking and eating. Ever wanted to bake a raw chocolate cake? Well, now you can!
10. Black Rider Press – They publish like thieves in the night! Kick arse words from brave writers (including yours truly). Real fuckin’ cool cats 🙂